Monday, April 20, 2009

Things that confuse and infuriate me

This post is going to be bitching and complaining. You know what gets my goat? When I have to rely on someone else to do a pretty insignificant and menial task in a completely reasonable period of time. You know why that gets my goat? Because 9 times out of 10 the task doesn't get finished. The second most annoying thing about a situation like this is when you inquire about the status of the task to the responsible party. This party is usually nearly unreachable by any form of communication. If by some chance they actually do return a phone call/email or if a miracle happens and they do their part and answer their phone/email, they always have one more excuse than what you can debunk. I am not a moron. I know that there isn't a good reason why you couldn't hold up you part of the bargain. In fact it doesn't even surprise me anymore, I'd be more surprised if you had pulled you head out of your ass and had done what you had agreed to do.

It would be like if the Phoenix Foundation had sent MacGyver to a dangerous Central American country to try to release some political prisoners and Pete Thorton forgot to submit the correct paperwork to actually get the getaway plane to the make shift runway on time. In that situation, MacGyver would be standing on an empty runway with all the freed hostages while a small battalion of soldiers were getting in rifle range. Can you think of all the crazy plans he'd have to come up with to squeeze out of that situation? That is actually a decent episode idea (discretely add to my MacGyver fan fiction idea folder). I actually strayed from my original point but you get the idea.

Here is another example. Remember at the end of Back to the Future when Doc Brown was setting up all of the wires that would run from the Hill Valley clock tower to the wire that the Delorean would catch to provide the flux capacitor with the necessary 1.21 gigawatts of electricity to send Marty back to 1985? Well a police officer sees what he is up to and asks about all the equipment. He nearly lifted up the tarp that was covering the Delorean. Doc explains that he is conducting a weather experiment and produces the proper permit. The cop goes about his merry way and everything turns out the way you remember. Think of what might have happened if Doc Brown had failed to do the paperwork to acquire the permit. Marty would have been stuck in 1955 until Doc could come up with another solution. You get the point. I'm annoyed because it is apparently a task of collosal proportions for someone to do what they agreed to do and submit some paperwork.

Quote of the day: "Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures."

2 comments:

Doug and Nicole said...

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Much like Marty Mcfly's randition of Johny B Good.

DS said...

I agree completely. Unfortunately there are circumstances that won't allow me to do everything myself. However, it is possible I could take care of it myself if I could somehow gain an understanding of the future of music and metaphorically blow everyone's mind.